Happy July 4th (almost!)!! I love the 4th of July-filled with summertime fun in the sun, and a cookout with friends and family. Uh, oh! Cookout?! We can have a great cookout too! There is such beautiful food in season right now, and as I always say-I'm "in-season for a reason"! Utilize those fresh berries, greens, and herbs to your benefit and create some gorgeous, healthy dishes to share with friends and family! Here's how to have a star-spangled weekend:
1) Appetizers! We all love to nosh-here's two of my easy ones:
3) Bring some veggie burgers along, so you can put something on the grill too!
4) Marinate some veggies and skewer them, and bring those along too! Find an oil-free stir-fry marinade or make my miso marinade!
5) Dessert-make some fruit-kabobs for the kiddos or my strawberry rhubarb cream pie! The filling would make a perfect fruit dip! If making the pie, make sure it stays cold so it doesn't mush out!
Or-cobblers always are HUGE hits and easy for a crowd!
6) Looking for an easy cocktail you can make ahead?! Try my white wine sangria! Oh-and the drunken fruit is the best the next day!! Hey-it's red white and blue!
And of course....don't forget the sunscreen!
Enjoy and be safe! Until next week...happy, healthy eating!
Jessica from www.gardenfreshfoodie.com
Read more about 3 Plant-Based BBQ Tips for July 4th.