21 days with kathy patalsky: the full review
It's been a few weeks since cookbook author Kathy Patalsky of the popular blog HealthyHappyLife.com started her 21 day experience with Veestro. Her full Veestro reviews are in - and we can't be more excited to find we've aced the test!
Here are her favorite things about Veestro:
* The Flavors. Meals have loads of flavor and everything feels very gourmet.
* The Sauces. I love that most meals come with a sauce or dressing to further intensify the layers of flavor.
* The Delivery. The deliveries both went so smoothly and everything arrived super frozen.
* Packaging. Packaging is 100% compostable carton trays or 100% recyclable BPA-free plastic pouches.
* Organic. They use organic ingredients.
* Variety. Loads of variety here. Meals are familiar to people who may not be vegan.We love the tips she shares to make the best of your Veestro experience, including these:
* Add raw veggies. "I did find myself craving raw greens throughout my meals. This was easily fixed by simply buying some sides of veggies and adding them to the meals as I craved. Most people probably won't mind, but since I am so used to eating a lot of raw fruits and veggies this was one thing I wanted to mention."
* Oven's best. "I found that many of the meals worked very well in the microwave, but for optimal flavor and texture I would use the oven - skillet works too, but I found the oven was the best cooking route for most of the meals."
* Get creative. "You can absolutely add things like diced avocado or a side salad or a side of toast or other little sides to your meals. You certainly do not have to, but if you like things a certain way (like soup with toast) then you can absolutely do that."If you've been considering a plant-based meal delivery service but don't want to commit to a subscription plan, you can start by ordering a la carte any of the following Veestro meals which score an A or better: breakfast burrito, red curry with tofu, portobello steak dinner, savory croquettes, veggie pesto pizza, pizza Napoletana, chick'n nuggets, veggie lasagna, Tuscan calzone, omelet primavera, mushroom risotto, chick'n quesadilla, country fried chick'n, quinoa burger patty, soba noodles with peanut sauce, quinoa soup (A+), enchilada casserole (A+), three layer scramble (A+), and roasted beet and kale salad (A+).
And, if you're still curious about the Veestro meal delivery experience, here are some behind-the-scenes clips.
Read more about Plants for the People: Kathy Patalsky.