What 1,500 calories looks like on a plant-based diet
If the term plant-based has you thinking low protein, all veggies, and no fun, think again! Plant-based eating is actually way more flexible than most think, it’s amazing for your overall health, oh, and did we mention delicious?
While a plant-based diet can often be viewed as a super strict approach to eating, you may be surprised at just how much you can eat, and just how filling each meal will be. Hey, you may even be surprised to find that some nagging symptoms like fatigue, sugar cravings, and bloating start to subside once you start eating more plants.
It’s all in the power of plants, and we’re breaking down what 1,500 calories looks like on a plant-based diet to show you just how doable and enjoyable plant-based eating can be.
What 1,500 Calories Looks Like on a Plant-Based Diet
For breakfast, you certainly won’t have a hard time finding filling fiber-rich options with lots of plant-based protein and delicious healthy fats. Here are some nutrient-rich plant-based breakfast options to kickstart your day for success.
- Bowl of oatmeal with berries, a tablespoon of almond butter and a drizzle of raw honey.
- One slice of toast with half of a mashed avocado, a sprinkle of hemp seeds, and a pinch of pink Himalayan sea salt.
- This Black Bean Burrito is full of plant-based goodness that will pack in a hefty dose of protein, fiber, and complex carbs to keep you fueled all morning long.
- This Chick’n Quesadilla makes the perfect lunch option to enjoy in the middle of your day. Loaded with flavor, nutritional value, and protein from a hearty bean sauce, this quesadilla checks all the lunch lovers boxes!
- In a rush and don’t have much time to prep lunch? Toss together a healthy super greens salad with a cup of black beans, a tablespoon of raw almonds, half of an avocado, and a drizzle of raw apple cider vinegar. The perfect balanced on the go lunch with all the carbs, protein, and fiber you need.
- Veestro’s Kale & Quinoa Salad is the perfect way to pack in some superfoods in the middle of your day. This salad will fill you up and keep you energized to power through the rest of your day. Did we mention it’s also gluten, nut, and dairy-free? It’s the ideal superfood packed, light, refreshing, yet filling lunch.
Say goodbye to feeling hangry all afternoon long. There are plenty of plant-based snacks to go around.
Here are some of our favorite options:
- Raw nuts & seeds
- Coconut or almond-based yogurt with fresh fruit
- Smoothie made with coconut or almond milk, berries, and dark leafy greens
- Half of an avocado drizzled with freshly squeezed lemon juice and a pinch of pink Himalayan sea salt
- Try whipping up a gluten-free pasta dish with one cup of cubed cooked tofu, half a cup of marinara sauce, a cup of steamed broccoli, and plenty of garlic for a delicious and easy to make weeknight dinner option.
- This Soba Noodles with Peanut Dressing makes a welcome addition to any meal plan. Made with all the traditional Asian-inspired flavors, this plant-based dish is bursting with flavor and plenty of delicious veggies.
- If you’re a fan of pizza and worried you’ll miss out on all the yummy pizza Friday’s when following a plant-based diet, fear not. Whip up a plant-based pizza with your favorite pizza crust, bell peppers, garlic, marinara sauce, and your favorite non-dairy cheese of choice. We promise plant-based pizza can be just as good as the real thing. You won’t even miss the cheese!
Sample 1500 Calorie One Day Plant-Based Meal Plan
Want to see what a sample one day meal plan looks like on a plant-based diet? Here’s a meal plan that will keep you full, your body fueled, and your taste buds happy.
Breakfast: Three Layer Scramble-470 calories
Snack: One cup of blueberries + two tablespoons of raw almonds- 152 calories
Lunch: Ultimate Veggie Wrap- 520 calories
Dinner: Southwest BBQ Chick’n- 360 calories
Daily Calorie Total: 1,502
The Bottom Line
The bottom line is that you certainly won’t find yourself hungry when eating a plant-based diet. In fact, you may even find you feel more full between meals (hello fiber!) You can quite easily reach 1,500 calories pairing any of these meals and snack options together, but if you need more of a customized meal plan, check out all of the other delicious Veestro meals and pick which ones you think you’ll love best! You will quickly find that eating plant-based is not only delicious, it’s filling, nutritious, and may even help you feel better than you have in a long time.
Read more about What's the Deal with Intermittent Fasting?