When cravings hit; eat this, not that!
Cravings… they’re something we all deal with from time to time. And, whether we have a serious sweet tooth or a hankering for something salty and savory, they can get in the way of our healthy eating goals if we don’t have healthier alternatives on hand.
The good news? You don’t have to completely deprive yourself of some of those tasty foods you crave the most — in fact, we’re letting you in on healthier alternatives to some of the most crave-worthy foods.
Want in? Read on.
When You’re Craving Something…
We’re sharing a list of eat this, not that (cravings style!) From crunchy to sweet, and savory, this list has you covered.
Crunchy: Have a craving for something crunchy like that bag of salty chips? Here are some healthier alternatives that are sure to satisfy that craving.
- Roasted chickpeas.
- Apple with almond butter.
- Kale chips.
- A rice cake with almond butter.
- DIY trail mix made with your favorite nuts and seeds and raw cacao nibs.
Sweet: Sweet tooth cravings…they happen to us all, right? Whether it’s that after-dinner ice cream craving or that mid-day need for a sweet tooth pick-me-up, we have some better options. When craving something sweet, try these instead.
- Bowl of coconut milk yogurt with fresh berries.
- Strawberries with a piece of 70% or darker dark chocolate.
- Spoonful of almond butter or peanut butter with dark chocolate chips.
- Mug of herbal tea naturally sweetened with a drizzle of pure maple syrup.
- Frozen banana blended up into banana “nice cream” with a splash of almond milk, a sprinkle of cinnamon, and a teaspoon of pure vanilla extract.
- A few pitted Medjool dates with nut butter.
- Chia pudding.
Savory: Tend to lean more to the savory side of cravings? We’re talking that craving for pizza, pasta, or even lasagna — we have options for you to satisfy that craving, but without the guilt.
- Bell peppers with hummus.
- Popcorn sprinkled with nutritional yeast.
- Half of an avocado with freshly squeezed lemon juice and a sprinkle of hemp seeds and sea salt.
- Sliced avocado with almond flour crackers.
- Veestro’s Shepherdless Pie.
Get That Craving Fix Without The Guilt
We all have cravings, and healthy eating certainly doesn’t mean deprivation. But, with some healthy swaps, you can satisfy that desire for something sweet, crunchy, or even savory, while still nourishing your body with something packed full of plant-based goodness.
So, next time those cravings come on strong, give one of these eat this, not that swaps a try! They may be the secret weapon you need to finally kick those stubborn cravings.