Eating healthy doesn’t have to be scary - 5 simple tips
Halloween is just around the corner and the months to follow make sugar the main food group. For most, this means either having too many “cheat-days” or chucking healthy eating out of the window altogether. After all, we all want to take care of our bodies, but the stress around healthy eating is hard enough already! So where do you start? Here we offer you 5 ways to make these next few months healthy, enjoyable and beautifully balanced.
1. When you screw up
- Spend 30 minutes outdoors doing your favorite activity. It could be anything from a full on workout to a couple of speed-walking laps around the neighborhood; just get moving!
- Make your next meal extra healthy. A Veestro meal can make this one really simple!
- Drink water. Being well hydrated can curb your desire to continue your indulgence. (Bonus if you opt for sparkling water)
2. Healthy Ingredient Swaps
- Instead of sugar in hot beverages or baked goods, use a natural sweetener like honey. Stevia and Monk Fruit are great zero calorie sweeteners that are also natural!
- Exchange unsweetened applesauce for butter on your morning toast.
- Use avocado as an alternative for butter and other spreads.
3. Mindful snacking is okay!
- Veggies and Hummus
- Dried fruit + nuts
- Homemade banana “Nice-Cream”!
- Frozen grapes
- Homemade Popcorn (i.e. not drenched in butter)
4. Keep your cool at a party
- Replace high sodium and and fat-filled, store-bought dips with your own “lite” versions.
- Veggie platter + Hummus beats chips and salsa any day!
- Berry spritzers taste awesome and use much less alcohol (or none) and less sugary juice
5. Don’t forget your mental health
- Meditate for 10 minutes in a quite place
- Read a book, magazine or article
- Drink green or chamomile tea
- Increase Magnesium intake in diet or supplement – Read more about five magnesium-rich foods
Read more about 10 ways to sneak in more veggies.