It's been two weeks since cookbook author Kathy Patalsky of HealthyHappyLife.com started the 21 day kickstart program to supplement her busy post-move schedule. Here's an update on some of her family's favorite Veestro meals, straight from her blog:
"* mushroom risotto - feels like a fancy dinner from a fancy restaurant, but you can eat in in your PJs. I like to serve this one with a side salad.
* chickpea stew - love this one for lunch on a busy day!
* omelet primavera - my husband's favorite breakfast. He loves the mushroom filling and the side of potatoes. I added a few pinches of cayenne to make the red sauce extra spicy for him.
* roasted kale and beet salad with walnuts - loved this!! I was so surprised that a salad could taste this good, when it was thawed from a freezer! Seriously devoured this one day for lunch. Loved the dressing too.
* Enchilada Casserole - tastes like warming up my fave homemade enchilada leftovers. So good!
* Tuscan Calzone - my husband loves calzones, but they are really hard to find vegan! So boom, craving satisfied."
We look forward to sharing the full review of her Veestro experience on this blog!