did you know these 5 things affect your weight?
The holidays have passed and it is time for most of us to get back to our daily routines and back down to our regular body size. Sure it's normal to put on a little extra during the season, but no reason to let it stay. Most of us know what we need to do: eat healthier and workout. Working out is extremely specific for each person, but eating healthy has basic rules for all of us. We know to eat less sweets, fried, fast food and rich or creamy. We know to eat more vegetables, some fruits and whole grains. Doesn't seem to difficult, right?Maybe not. Did you know these things could make all the difference in your weight loss attempts?
- Sleep Pretty simple and yet many people are not getting enough while some are getting too much. There are many studies and theories as to why this affects our waistlines, but the constant conclusion is the same. More than 8 hours a night or less than 7 has a direct effect on our weight. It's also important to hit the sack between 8 pm and midnight, even for night owls.
- DietsThis may seem confusing, but the truth is all these fad diets are actually causing us to gain weight! There is no fast weight loss plan with long term results. Eating smart on a daily basis is the only long term weight loss solution. Shakes, powders, chemicals, pills, severe food restrictions, long term fasting or any other ?iet?that cannot be comfortably followed for the next 20 years is a bad idea. If you're not sure where to start, check out Veestro's weight loss packages. Each meal is filled with the real food nutrition you need and the full flavor you crave.
- PastimesAt the end of a long day, a cocktail at the local pub or your favorite reality TV show winds down the day. Stop. TV and alcohol are both major contributors to weight gain. Watching one show or having one drink won't pack on the pounds, but who really stops at one? TV and excessive drinking waste time and energy. You tend to sit, poor in empty calories and end up tired. Alcohol and TV do nothing good for the body or mind.
- FiberThis may be the simplest and most effective thing you can do to lose weight and keep it off. Eat more fiber. This means more fruit, more vegetables and more whole grains. Women should try to get 25 grams a day, and men should try for 38 grams. Fiber doesn't burn fat, but it does help you feel fuller faster and longer, meaning you eat less. You also need to drink more water which helps to flush the system and end hunger pangs. All of Veestro's meals are 100% plant based guaranteeing your fiber and fulfillment with every bite.
- StressThe holidays may be over, but that could mean financial deficits, increased deadlines and piling on the hours to make up for the vacation time. Stress is everywhere, and it will put on the pounds. This is caused by hormones. Back in the caveman days it was fight or flight, so stress first released adrenaline making man forget food and deal with the situation at hand. Then it released corticotrophin releasing hormone (CRH) and cortisol which allowed man to replenish and eat. Good news is you can follow steps 1-4 above with some light exercise to help fight off stress.